BMJ Oncology Social Media Editor
BMJ Oncology is an open access journal with a mission to optimise cancer care and improve patient outcomes. The journal prioritises high quality original research and review papers across the broad spectrum of cancer research, investigation, treatment and practice.
BMJ Oncology is seeking a new social media editor, to start May 29th. The initial appointment will be for 1 year, with a renewable option for a second year. The goal of this position is to disseminate BMJ Oncology publications to increase the journal’s influence and readership and to devise creative strategies to increase reach through social media. The applicant should already be savvy with social media (primarily Twitter).
- Spend time each week creating posts to promote the work of BMJ Oncology
- Plan and deliver content across different platforms using Sprout Social
- Devise creative posts highlighting BMJ DRC articles on social media
- Approximately 3-4 hours per week time commitment
The Social Media Editor will:
- Report directly to the journal’s Editor-in-Chief and Clinical editor
- Work with authors to prepare one social media post for every article published
- Devise creative posts highlighting BMJ Oncology and related articles on social media
- Participate in editorial meetings (usually remotely by telephone or videoconference)
- Devote approximately 3-4 hours per week time commitment
Any training and support required will be provided by BMJ’s digital communications team. The Social Media Editor will receive a nominal stipend for their efforts.
Interested applicants should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30, 2023.
- A statement of interest (maximum 250 words) which explains the applicant’s interest in oncology and highlights how this position fits within their career goals.
- CV (curriculum vitae)
- The applicant’s Twitter handle
Interns will be selected by the BMJ Oncology Editor-in-Chief and publisher. BMJ and BMJ Oncology are committed to the mission of diversity, equity and inclusion.
For questions, Catherine Dolinsky (email@example.com).